Last updated (09/02/2021)
The term Schönn’s or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the website owner whose registered office is Section 141 Cresswell road, Weavind Park, Gauteng, South Africa. Our company registration number is 2004/078318/23. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
If you have made a purchase on Black Friday or any sale items whatsoever, please make sure to read
2. Schönn’s permitted use of the Site
The purpose of the information and materials on this Site is for general information only. This Site can only be used to inform you of Schönn’s services and products. Unless otherwise indicated, the Site is our proprietary property, and all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (collectively, the “Content”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us and are protected by copyright and trademark laws. Accordingly, it is prohibited to use Schönn’s text, graphics, downloads, tools and/ or reproduces any of its materials in any way. The unauthorized use of this website or any of its contents may result in a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
3. Schönn’s use of information
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. Furthermore, it shall be your responsibility to ensure that any products, services, or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors, and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. Schönn’s practices, colours and typographical errors
4.1 We make every effort to display the colours, features, specifications accurately, and details of the products available on schonn.co.za, shopfurnitureonline.co.za, Instagram and Facebook. However, we do not guarantee that the colours, features, specifications, and details of the products will be accurate, complete, reliable, current, or free of other errors, and your electronic display may not accurately reflect the actual colours and details of the products available on schonn.co.za and shopfurnitureonline.co.za. Please note that lighting, time of day, display, and touchup editing may result in visual differences in the appearance of our products. If you are unsure about the colours and appearance of our products, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Images are also used for marketing purposes. This can mean that the image showed might not be an exact reflection on the item that is available on sale. We ask our customers to respect the fact that human errors occure and that mistakes take place and we do everything to make sure that we correct the error and to prevent the error from happening again. Social media is only a marketing tool that we use to create a more pleasant experience for our clients. Or website is our main source of accurate information and should be treated as such.
4.2 No form of communication is acceptable except a formal email. We acceptable any other way of communication (phone call, sms, WhatsApp, Instagram message, Facebook message) as an informal communication and we cannot make any changes or confirm any details via this way of communication. Unless a formal email has been sent, we cannot take responsibility for any items that don’t have changes that were formally communicated by clients except via email.
4.3 All products are subject to availability, and we cannot guarantee that the items will be in stock. We reserve the right to discontinue any products for any reason. Prices for all products are subject to change.
4.4 By accessing and using this Site, you acknowledge that the material mentioned above may contain inaccuracies or errors. We exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4.5 If a mistake occurs on the website, such as incorrectly listed or inaccurately priced products, schonn.co.za and shopfurnitureonline.co.za has the right to cancel and refuse any orders placed for those items. In such a case, you will be refunded fully and schonn.co.za and shopfurnitureonline.co.za will not be obligated to supply you with merchandise for any incorrect charges.
4.6Because all Schönn products are handmade, products may vary slightly in shape, size, colour, finish compared to the images listed on the website. All products are handmade, one piece at a time. No two pieces will ever be the same due to the handmade nature of our products. Any irregularities in our product should not be considered flaws.
5. Schönn’s copyrights
The Site as a whole, including any text, graphics, trademarks or any other intellectual property, are protected by copyright laws and are prohibited from your use.
6. Schönn’s ordering process
7. Schönn’s communication
8. Schönn’s registration
Entering your information into the registration field does not automatically opt for delivery option at the checkout. It simply enables you to access your information effortlessly when wanting to use the site and its services again. You still need to manually choose the delivery option at the checkout.
It is not the responsibility of SCHONN if the client forgets their login details to access their account in need of information. SCHONN will assist a client within 2 to 3 working days after a notification was sent to SCHONN via email only. No other way of communication is viable.
9. Schönn’s product availability
It is essential to understand that every order is made per order. Therefore, no items can be out of stock because every piece is made individually for you as you place your orders. However, Schönn has the right to remove any product we feel the need to. If an issue occurs with the manufacturing of the item and we will not be able to provide you with your order, you agree to first find an alternative on Schönn’s website before we consider a refund. SCHONN will not be bound to offer alternatives to a greater value than the item originally chosen, and a difference may be required to be paid.
10. Schönn’s shipping terms
10.2The courier service is an additional service that SCHONN provides on a client’s behalf to add to a more convenient shopping experience. In no way is any damages that occurs during the transportation a reflection on SCHONN as a company. The client agrees and acknowledges to the following terms and conditions in relation to shipping:
- Shipping will take place after the 6 weeks manufacturing process. Parcels are only collected on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Days may change due to public holidays and circumstances out of our control.
- The courier company will send an email and sms to notify the client of the pick up of the item with the waybill nr that the client can use in order to track it.
- The client agrees that they respect the fact that them choosing to make use of the courier service, and that SCHONN makes use of 3rd party service providers, can cause situations out of SCHONN’s control and puts limitations to what SCCHONN is capable in doing and is in no way a refection on SCHONN as a company if a parcel gets damaged during the transportation process.
- The client accepts that the courier services in SA does not offer a wrapping service and even if the item has a defect or is the incorrect order, they are still in charge of wrapping the item securely to ensure that it arrives safely back to SCHONN.
- No parcel will be accepted by the client without checking for any damages or defects on the wrapping itself to confirm that the packaging has no evident damages on its outer appearance
- If these is any visible damage to the packaging, this needs to be recorder on the waybill and be sent back with the couriers and note that it was damaged during transportation
- If there are no defects when receiving the package, please keep in mind that other defects can occur during transportation such as glass getting chipped or cracked, frames being bent.
- The client agrees to unwrap the item carefully and in such a way that they can re-use the packaging if the item has a defect in order to wrap it again when they need to send it back with the couriers. There is a clear sticker on each parcel to indicate that the client needs to unwrap the items carefully and re-use the same wrapping to send the item back.
- During the unwrapping process, please keep an eye out for the checklist that comes with the order. This is a way that SCHONN can keep our staff accountable for not following the correct processes when they send items.
- All accessories will be on the outside packaging. It is marked very visible. We do not provide any screws.
10.3 Schönn takes no responsibility for an incorrect shipment when the wrong delivery address has been provided. The same applies when a client cannot be reached during two delivery attempts.
10.4 All shipment costs are calculated according to the delivery area and will vary according to the location and dimensional weight of the desired product. Please note that Schönn does not take any responsibility for delivering products that might be higher than the ground floor. It is the responsibility of the buyer to make any additional arrangements. These include elevators, staircases etc. All third party delivery services used by Schönn to deliver your products only provide standard delivery service to the ground floor. Schönn will not be held responsible for any damages that may occur to the item after its delivery.
10.5 All international shipments need to be re-arranged with Schönn by contacting us via email: email@example.com.
11. Schönn’s Competitions
Schönn’s social media competitions, sponsorships or giveaways are in no way endorsed or sponsored by Instagram. All winners and entrants need to comply with the following terms:
entrants and winner must be over the age of 18 years old
entrants and winner must reside in South Africa
entrants and winner must continue following @schonn.co.za after the competition ends
entrants and winner must have a legitimate instagram profile, ensued by more than 50 followers and/or a public profile where the page can be reviewed.
all profiles ensuing less than 50 followers will be deemed illegitimate as per instagram and fake.
12. Schönn discounts
No discounts, specials or sale prices can be used in conjunction with one another. No discounts will apply to any order if the size of the items is customized.
13. Schönn ordering items on sale
No items purchased on sale or a discount is refundable.